RSS

Tuesday 10 August 2010

Summer garden

Although I am not the biggest fan of August (it's a sneaky month, already the nights have started drawing in) it's quite nice not to have much to do in the garden. As I have mentioned on the other blog, my garden seems quite content without my input at the moment and I'm happy to let it get on with it.

This is the first year I've grown my own veg and it has been so rewarding - and tasty! This is the first year of having a greenhouse. This is the first year the big pond has been truly populated, the cycle starting with masses of spawn in March and continuing with tiny froglets leaping all over the garden. Other firsts like newts and tiny efts have made this garden year so wonderful.

This year I planted more monarda (bee attracting bergamot) and a big bed of borage. Also more lavender and richly scented sweet peas. Bees have been visiting in large numbers since the borage started flowering in May and now the monarda and sedum have taken over, attracting even more.

So, for the first time this year, I actually have time to sit and enjoy the froglets, the bees and, of course, the food!

Happy days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment