RSS

Monday 9 May 2011

Bee Keeping

Fully intending to embrace the natural garden ethos as much as possible, I have enrolled on a bee keeping course at a local farm.

http://www.claremontfarm.co.uk/forthcomingevents.html

The course finishes in September, too late to get a hive before winter but I intend to be fully hived up by late spring next year.

My neighbour has already said that he does not mind a hive next door so apart from the (considerable) expense of setting up, I'm raring to go.

The first day is next Sunday, 15th May, followed by a day a month and finishes with two days in September.

I have already read two books on bee keeping and am more fascinated than ever by the workings of a colony of bees. The thought of learning hands-on is both daunting and fascinating but over all I can't wait!

I will keep you posted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment