RSS

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Is it Spring yet?

Looking back on last year's posts I was just as eager for the arrival of Spring as I am this year. Winter, with its long cold and horribly dark nights, is my least favourite time and by February I am absolutely stir crazy and desperate for it to end.

Some activity is going on however. There is no sign yet of the daffs (not that I would have really expected it) but there does appear to be some bulby type shoots appearing in the bulb bed. It doesn't look very crocus-like and there are no snowdrops in there so I am not sure what it is.

The most important thing is that it is green and growing and a sign that beloved Spring is not that far away.
Wandering through the garden on Saturday I noticed that mossy frog, a lovely little statue that my neighbour very kindly gave me last year, was looking very pretty. He sits on a slate at the edge of the pond and his beautiful coat of moss seems unaffected by the frosts.

I thought I would end with my little boy, Elliot Button. Whenever I go out into the yard he comes with me (obviously to check that I am safe) and another of his kitty duties is to sniff the air and check if Spring has arrived.

"It's not here yet," he told me afterwards, "but it's close."

0 comments:

Post a Comment