RSS

Monday 8 November 2010

The Return of Me

I have been somewhat tardy in my blogging of late for which I apologise, dear reader. The fact that my last post was in August came as something of a surprise when I loaded the page. I came back from holiday at the start of September with a very nasty fungal skin infection on my face (that was mis-diagnosed *three* times as impetigo) and has taken this long to go. Needless to say, the enthusiasm for most things, including blogging, waned somewhat although I am getting back in the swing of things now.

Even though it is now November the garden is still trying its best to look beautiful. The gaillardia have been wonderful this year and are still flowering although I don't think they will see the end of November.

Also still trying are my lovely scabius. The delicate flowers are not as blue as the cornflower but still very pretty.

On the rockery, this alpine daisy is amazingly in bloom

and even the campanula is still trying its best.

Elsewhere, in the bog garden this beautiful tiny iris is flowering for all she is worth, alone amidst the green.


Closer to the house and the bulb bed has been planted with pansies to give it a bit of colour as we go into winter. It's lovely looking out to see their happy little faces.

Lastly, after nearly pulling my hair out by the leaves falling from my neighbour's tree right into my pond, I've made a pond leaf net although I discovered at the weekend that most of the leaves are very small and have gone through.

Still, after reading about the storms that are set to hit us this week, I may have an entire apple tree in my pond by Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment