RSS

Monday 7 June 2010

Have you noticed how beautiful gardens are getting now that May has softly turned into June. Perennials that have lain dormant all winter and who turned the flower bed green in May are now starting to bloom. Alpines have turned the rockery purple, red and gold and ornamental grasses are delicately flowering with their soft feathery spikes.

This beautiful grass was too good to miss when I was out with my camera yesterday. I'd really wandered down the garden to photograph frogs but I could not resist this elegant thing.

And what about this pink treat. Papaver Victoria Louise. She is an oriental poppy and a new arrival in my perennial bed.

Of all the flowers that will appear this month, I really do think this gorgeous thing will be the prettiest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment